Monday, 18 November 2013

Installed Elemetary OS Luna: Beautiful UI and Great Performance

Elementary OS Luna, a Linux distro based on Ubuntu  with very nice and beautiful UI. Its 'iOS-y' nature is so magnificent. It's the third Linux distro that I have installed in my system. 

Elementary OS logo
Sine it's Ubuntu based I have to do the first thing that is always done by 98% of Ubuntu after a fresh installation, installing Ubuntu-restricted-extras. Painful though. 

After installing Crunchbang I did not go through restricted extras things, most of these codecs are supported out-of-the-box. 

I was playing around, and the wallpaper below really grabbed my attention.

Here is the default wallpaper for Elementary OS Luna 0.2


About my Elementary OS 0.2 Luna
Next I installed my favorite music player (MOC Player) and started rocking some great tunes. Can you see the tracks on the playlist? Ah! Khona is always there. :-D
MOC Player on desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments