Monday, 22 September 2014

Getting to UMaT, Tarkwa

Hello Guys,

Is being longest time. Thanks be to God I got admission into the University of Mines and Technology (UMaT) to study Bsc. Computer Science and Engineering. Today is  9 days I  arrived in Tarkwa.

It was a very long journey travelling from Aflao to Accra, then to Tarkwa. I enjoyed it though since I like to travel for long hours! :)

I arrived in Tarkwa very late with a student I traveled in the same car with not knowing he was coming to UMaT too, now my room mate :).

Going up and down to get registered made me missed a scheduled twitter debate on that day about National Volunteer Day 2014. More about NVDay can be found on almost all social media sites via the hashtag #NVDay14

After registering at the administration block my new friend (Martin) and I with the help Felix (Ketasco classmate) and Courage (Ketasco senior) we got our bags into a Taxi which took us to our hall of residence (Gold Refinery Hall) which is a few metres away from the school.

Gold Refinery Hall on the hill :) 
Soon on that we got our third room mate (Adams) and the last but not the least (Combert) on the next day.

For the first week in Tarkwa it's a post on its own that I will write about next.

Below is a picture I took from the back of Gold Hall:


I really love Tarkwa but there is a lot to share from here. Stay tuned for more stories and pictures from UMaT, Tarkwa and the Western Region of Ghana.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments